cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Unable to authenticate

Re: [[cat-users]] Unable to authenticate

  • From: Guy Halse <guy AT tenet.ac.za>
  • To: Matthew Slowe <Matthew.Slowe AT jisc.ac.uk>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Unable to authenticate
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 21:37:27 +0200

Hi

On 2020/08/06 11:46, Matthew Slowe wrote:
I don't know a huge amount about the inner workings of the different algorithms, but I do wonder if SimpleSAMLphp doesn't support "rsa-oaep" but does support "rsa-oaep-mgf1p" but, because the first one is listed first it's using that?
Having gone through the source of robrichards/xmlseclibs v3.0.4, which is the version of the library that SimpleSAMLphp 1.18.x is using, I can confirm that it does not support/recognise rsa-oaep.

The xmlseclibs source only mentions these encryption algorithms:

There's no mention of http://www.w3.org/2009/xmlenc11#rsa-oaep in the source.

Support for more algorithms (including AES-GCM) is in v3.1.0 of xmlseclibs, which is currently used by the development versions of SSP.

- Guy
--
Guy Halse
Executive Officer: Trust & Identity Tertiary Education & Research Network of South Africa NPC Fault Reporting: +27(21)763-7147 or support AT tenet.ac.za

PNG image

PNG image