cat-users - [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool

[[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool

  • From: James Damster <james.damster AT uct.ac.za>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 10:03:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-ZA, en-US

Hello

We are in the process of testing 802.1x authentication on our LAN and would like to make use of the CAT tool for device configuration. We are unsure if the below is a normal condition, but is undesirable as users are unable to disable 802.1x without deleting the profile via Powershell.

I suspect the condition is because the profile is a machine profile.

If we export the LAN profile that is created by the CAT Tool and import it again, then we are able to edit settings.

Regards

James

James Damster

Workplace Services: Senior Systems Engineer

ICTS

University of Cape Town

ICTS on Main, 7 Main Road. Mowbray, Cape Town, 7700

Phone+27 21 650 1129

Email: james.damster AT uct.ac.za

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.

PNG image

  • [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool, James Damster, 04/20/2020