cat-users - [[cat-users]] Firewall ruleset for eduroam CAT

[[cat-users]] Firewall ruleset for eduroam CAT

  • From: "Renkens, P.G.V. (Patrick)" <p.renkens AT ru.nl>
  • To: "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Firewall ruleset for eduroam CAT
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 12:38:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: nl-NL, en-US

Hi CAT-users,

I encounter some issues with eduroam CAT.

We have our firewall configured according the rules as described below (text form webpage ‘About eduroam CAT’).

But I cannot contact the Google playstore with this ruleset.

When we configure the firewall so that clients on the ‘onboarding network’ / ‘setup SSID’ can connect to whatever site and log the connections that are made, we see a lot of different/other connections.

So it looks like the ruleset as described on cat.eduroam.org is not valid /complete any more.

Is this a possibility?

REQUIRED

cat.eduroam.org (the service itself)

crl3.digicert.com, crl4.digicert.com (the CRL Distribution Points for the site certificate), also TCP/80

ocsp.digicert.com (the OCSP Responder for the site certificate), also TCP/80

android.l.google.com (Google Play access for Android App)

android.clients.google.com (Google Play access for Android App)

play.google.com (Google Play access for Android App)

ggpht.com (Google Play access for Android App)

RECOMMENDED for full Google Play functionality (otherwise, Play Store will look broken to users and/or some non-vital functionality will not be available)

photos-ugc.l.google.com

googleusercontent.com

ajax.googleapis.com

play.google-apis.com

googleapis.l.google.com

apis.google.com

gstatic.com

www.google-analytics.com

wallet.google.com

plus.google.com

checkout.google.com

*.gvt1.com

Kind regards,

Patrick Renkens | ICT Servicecentre (ISC) | Network dept.| Radboud University

Geert Grooteplein 41 | 6525 GA NIjmegen | +31 24 361 7800 | www.ru.nl/isc