cat-users - [[cat-users]] Unique device credentials

[[cat-users]] Unique device credentials

  • From: Per Mejdal Rasmussen <pmr AT its.aau.dk>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Unique device credentials
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:19:13 +0100

At my university many student devices are not configured to verify the radius server certificate, despite we for many years have told the students to use the CAT tool.

As a consequence we will make system that generates unique credentials per device. Where each username/password pair is locked to a specific mac address.

This will make it impossible to reuse stolen eduroam credentials for other systems, and make it very hard to use stolen credentials on other devices.

I was wondering if anyone else has made a similar system, or know of a system you can buy for that purpose?

The reason we don't just use device certificates, is that it is not as widely supported as username/password in devices.

--
Per Mejdal Rasmussen
http://personprofil.aau.dk/109070

  • [[cat-users]] Unique device credentials, Per Mejdal Rasmussen, 03/29/2019