cat-users - [[cat-users]] chrome on ios

[[cat-users]] chrome on ios

  • From: Malcolm Caldwell <Malcolm.Caldwell AT cdu.edu.au>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] chrome on ios
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 07:25:13 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US

Hi All,

I don’t know if this is known. I don’t even know where issues are recorded.

We have begun testing CAT for our University. One of our users tried to use
it with chrome running on an iPhone, via going to cat.eduroam.org. It didn’t
work, in that it did not open the setting file. It offered to let the user
save it. I guess in theory he could have saved it, and then opened it using
the files app. But there were no instructions to say that.

Probably the site should instead say “You will need to open this site using
safari”

Malcolm Caldwell

Office of Information Tech Mngmnt & Support
T: +61 8 8946 6631
E: malcolm.caldwell AT cdu.edu.au
W: cdu.edu.au