cat-users - [[cat-users]] Fwd: Eduroam config issue

[[cat-users]] Fwd: Eduroam config issue

  • From: Conor Foley <foleyc AT ucd.ie>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, net ops <net-ops AT ucd.ie>, IT Support <ITsupport AT ucd.ie>, IT Security Team <security.team AT ucd.ie>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Fwd: Eduroam config issue
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 12:05:50 +0100

Hi,

We are currently seeing an issue with the Eduroam installer for Android and were wondering if you could advise?

The issue is present on newer Android 8 phones & tablets when using the eduroam CAT app from the play store:
  • We use the app to download the profile for UCD
  • We get the user to sign in with the format
  • User *username/student no*@ucd.ie then p/w
At this point the profile fails to install for the last three checks on the installerWe have tested at this point reinstalling the app, removing all existing certs & profiles and resetting networking with Android settings but the app fails each time at the same point.
We have worked out a workaround however to get users up and running on Eduroam.
  • We install the app and progress through the profile install as previous up to the point of failure
  • At this point the app has installed the CA cert even though it reports as failing.
  • We connect to eduroam and manually set the authentication settings for TTLS, PAP and get the user to enter their credentials, however we set the CA certification field as not required (if set to manually search for the installed cert it is unable to find it in any loccation the device) and it is able to successfully authenticate.
I apologise that I am unable to attach any screenshots reflecting these issues but we do not have an Android 8 device to hand.

This issue is only presenting on Android 8+ devices.

Could you advise what might be causing this issue?

Kind regards

Conor

UCD LogoConor Foley
IT Customer Services
UCD IT Services, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
T. +353 1 716 2700 E. ithelpdeskithelpdesk AT ucd.ie W. www.ucd.ie/it
Empowering people through IT

This email is only for the use of its intended recipient.  Its contents are subject to a duty of confidence and may be privileged.  If you receive it in error please notify the sender.

  • [[cat-users]] Fwd: Eduroam config issue, Conor Foley, 09/25/2018