cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Release of CAT-2.0.0-beta1

Re: [[cat-users]] Release of CAT-2.0.0-beta1

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Cc: eduroam AT dfn.de
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Release of CAT-2.0.0-beta1
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 14:39:07 +0200

Hi,

Am 27.08.2018 um 10:01 schrieb Stefan Winter:
So the time to test this in a pre-production stage is NOW :-)
a quick check on Windows 10 shows that the basics do work.

But what about the new features:

1. Code/Profile Signing
Windows 10 complained again that this program lacks a recognized publisher
cert,
I had to click "Trotzdem ausführen" (Execute despite of lacking cert).
AFAIR, code signing had been announced as one of the upcoming CAT 2.0
improvements
on the German mailing list.

2. Built-In sanity check of username
Me and others had a bit of trouble getting the username right during
the Windows install. No big deal, but Tomasz Wolniewicz wrote:
in eduroam CAT 2.0 we will have an option to either just nag the user
about missing realm or even to pre-fill the realm with a configured string.

Stefan Winter wrote today:
The upcoming version 2.0 allows the administrator to decide if
a) such a hint should be provided to the user (input box is prefilled
with realm ending) and/or
b) the installer should actively verify the presence of a realm name in
the input, and refuse to continue installation if not.

Both of these are then checkboxes on the Profile level.

So for 2., we will have to edit our profile first,right?
(presumably not yet productive for German admins)

Cheers, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994