cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam Eada Business School - Glasgow

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam Eada Business School - Glasgow

  • From: Jethro R Binks <jethro.binks AT strath.ac.uk>
  • To: XAVIER RINS LOZANO <xrins AT eada.edu>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam Eada Business School - Glasgow
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:16:05 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 27 Jun 2018, XAVIER RINS LOZANO wrote:

> Hello, I am Xavier, system network engineer at EADA, and I would like to
> report an error with our Eduroam.
>
> An EADA user is having problems with EADA Business School EDUROAM when
> he goes to Glasgow (Glasgow Caledonian University & University of
> Strathclyde). When he is at EADA, everything works, when he goes to
> another university, it also works, but when he goes to Glasgow, it
> fails. Furthermore, we know that other users (not from Eada) can work
> with eduroam in Glasgow without having problems.
>
> What can we do? Our system seems to be well configured.

Feel free to engage directly with us at University of Strathclyde via
eduroam-support AT strath.ac.uk,
we can investigate our logs and see if that
is helpful (or ask your user to do so).

There is no IT connection between us at the University of Strathclyde and
Glasgow Caledonian University, other than being located in the same city.
As far as I know, we use different technologies to provide wireless (and
supporting) services.

Do you have EADA users at other sites successfully using eduroam?

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.