cat-users - [[cat-users]] CAT Tool - Certificate import issue

[[cat-users]] CAT Tool - Certificate import issue

  • From: "Mundiya, Shafiq" <Shafiq.Mundiya AT city.ac.uk>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] CAT Tool - Certificate import issue
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 10:08:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Enquiry: Hi,

RE: eduroam.city.ac.uk

We have installed our new certificate for eduroam this year and are facing an issue whereby the new certificate Root and Intermediate Certificates are not trusted by the eduroam CAT Tool, see output of the error we get when importing the certificate into the CAT Tool:

Client certificate: CA-N, non-accredited

(CA: DC=hr/DC=eduroam/DC=MaliPero PKI 1)

* correct certificate, expected result: FAIL

*

Server did not accept this client certificate: unknown authority or no certificate policy or another problem (elapsed time: 103 ms.)’

The above is the output we get when importing both the intermediate and root certificates or eduroam into the CAT tool.

We never had this issue last year, only thing that has changed is the root and intermediate certs now use the new G3 certificates provided by JANET, has anyone experienced this issue and know the fix?

Kind Regards,

Shaf

Shafiq Mundiya

Windows Service Engineer