cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] adding new users to our institution admin management page

Re: [[cat-users]] adding new users to our institution admin management page

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, Kieran Denton <kdenton AT brookes.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] adding new users to our institution admin management page
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 14:03:19 +0200

Hello,

> Can you tell me how to add new users to our admin pages.
>
> I'm the only one currently/, I think,/ but I can't find a way to add new
> users or findout who is actually signed up as admins.

Your National Roaming Operator can see all the admins for your institution.

There is a notion of a "primary" and "secondary" admin in the system.

If you've been invited to manage the institution by your NRO, you are
primary, can see the other admins and invite new admins yourself.

If you've been invited by a primary admin, you can not see the other
admins and cannot add any new admins yourself.

Your description sounds like you are a secondary admin. You would need
to contact your National Roaming Operator (Jisc) to send you a new
(NRO-level) invitation. Consuming that invitation makes you a primary,
and you can take it from there.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche