cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script

  • From: Jérôme BERTHIER <Jerome.Berthier AT inria.fr>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 10:27:48 +0100

Hi Stephan,

Le 02/02/2018 à 13:53, Stefan Winter a écrit :
I believe it's fair to say that we didn't give that topic much thought
so far; I'm very sorry that I don't have a well thought-out answer ready
for your immediate consumption.

Right now, I guess the most correct thing to say is that since the ToU
do not give you a right to modify, you don't have that right.

OK understood

I have escalated this internally in the project though, as I am far from
sure whether this is actually what we /want/.

OK thanks

What I do find problematic on first sight is that most installers
(including the Linux one) carry the eduroam logo and a phrase like
"Installer created by the GEANT project". The logo is not appropriate
when changing the installer to an unrelated SSID; the sentence is not
appropriate because you've replaced parts of it (and, for example, we
wouldn't want to take any blame if these modifications break something).

My personal interest was specificaly around Linux.

A first modification would be to keep the reference to your initial work but to warn that is our own version and that we should be contacted for any trouble , bug case or enhancement request.

Again thanks you all for this great work !

Have a nice day

--
Jérôme BERTHIER
DSI - SESI - Equipe Conception