cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Win 8 CAT installer is not sending the supplicant

Re: [[cat-users]] Win 8 CAT installer is not sending the supplicant

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Christina Klam <cklam AT ias.edu>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Win 8 CAT installer is not sending the supplicant
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:02:21 +0100

Hi,

    IAS is using TTLS-PAP. In the case of Windows 8, for TTLS we rely on
the system implementation of the supplicant (makes the installer
smaller, does not force the user to install additional software
requiring admin privileges). Unfortunately, unlike in the PAP case,
Microsoft never published a user credentials profile for TTLS. This is
why in this case we just install the WLAN profile and then have the
system supplicant ask for the credentials during the first connection.

     Yours

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576