cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Android 8.1 Configuration File Error Re: Pixel - Android 7.1 - Configuration File Error

Re: [[cat-users]] Android 8.1 Configuration File Error Re: Pixel - Android 7.1 - Configuration File Error

  • From: Louis Twomey <louis.twomey AT heanet.ie>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Android 8.1 Configuration File Error Re: Pixel - Android 7.1 - Configuration File Error
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:16:32 +0000

Hi Mike,
Perhaps it is not the same issue but I have seen that error message in
the eduroam CAT app on various (earlier) versions of Android. I didn't
figure out the cause but, from memory, some of the approaches that
worked included:

* Instead of choosing the installer suggested by the app, scroll down
through the menus "manually" and choose it. It's the very same installer
but choosing it like this led to no error on some phones.

* Manually delete any existing eduroam profile then go back into the app
again and install it as usual.

Regards,
Louis

On 12/01/2018 15:44, Michael Davis wrote:
> Several users on campus are reporting that brand new Google Pixel phones
> (possibly other models?) running Android 8.1 are again showing this
> "Configuration
> File Error".  I don't have access to anything that new to test, has
> anyone had success
> or problems with 8.1 ?
>
> On 10/31/16 1:31 PM, Tony Skalski wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a user with a new Google Pixel phone running Android 7.1. When
>> tapping on our profile, he receives "Configuration File Error.  Read
>> error with config file" and is not able to proceed. The profile is
>> working elsewhere.
>>
>> I have not tried to manually configure eduroam on this phone yet. Any
>> thoughts?
>>
>> ajs
>> --
>> Tony Skalski
>> Systems Administrator
>> ajs AT stolaf.edu
>>
>> <mailto:ajs AT stolaf.edu>
>> 507-786-3227
>> St. Olaf College
>> Information Technology
>> 1510 St. Olaf Avenue
>> Northfield, MN    55057-1097
>>
>> To unsubscribe, send this message:
>> mailto:sympa AT lists.geant.org?subject=unsubscribe%20cat-users
>> Or use the following link:
>> https://lists.geant.org/sympa/sigrequest/cat-users
>

> --
> Mike Davis
> Systems Programmer V
> NSS - University of Delaware - 302.831.8756
> Newark, DE 19716 Email
> davis AT udel.edu

> mailto:sympa AT lists.geant.org?subject=unsubscribe%20cat-users
> Or use the following link:
> https://lists.geant.org/sympa/sigrequest/cat-users

--
Louis Twomey