cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Windows 10 1703

Re: [[cat-users]] Windows 10 1703

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Stefano Manfredda <stefano AT unica.it>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Windows 10 1703
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 16:26:28 +0200

Hello,

I have read user reports about Win 10 1703 breakage in relation to Wi-Fi.

This is sometimes due to a Wi-Fi driver which isn't up-to-date.

A possible theory is that the updated machine got a fix to the driver
prior to the update - and continues to work after the upgrade - while a
fresh install from (stale) media doesn't have the newest driver yet and
then fails.

Does that make any sense?

Stefan

--