cat-users - [[cat-users]] Ideas for CAT

[[cat-users]] Ideas for CAT

  • From: David Susman <dasusman AT vassar.edu>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Ideas for CAT
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:26:16 -0400

Dear CAT users,

I don't know if vendors expose these features in their APIs, but I am wondering if it would be possible to allow the CAT to (1) tell the client to forget other networks and (2) set the "ask to join other networks" flag?

I know there might be some objection to messing with a user's existing settings.  But we have found that clearing the ssid list and turning on the ask-to-join switch fixes about 75% of user problems.  Having the option in the CAT configuration window to use it or not based on local user acceptance would be helpful.  Could this be considered for future CAT development?

Thanks,
David

David Susman
Assoc. Director of Networks and Systems and Webmanager
Computing and Information Services -- box 13
Vassar College
Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

  • [[cat-users]] Ideas for CAT, David Susman, 05/12/2017