cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] mac osx sierra 10.12.3

Re: [[cat-users]] mac osx sierra 10.12.3

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, Cristiano De Michele <cristiano.demichele AT uniroma1.it>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] mac osx sierra 10.12.3
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 11:40:45 +0200

Hello,

> I downloaded the latest configuration file from cat.eduroam.org
> <http://cat.eduroam.org>
> burt whenever I try to connect at my university (Sapienza of Rome)
> I get the error “Unable to connect”. My android phone works flawlessly
> with same credentials. Any tip?

The error message you got is probably a bit more elaborate than that.

Can you let us know the *full* error message?

When you write your Android phone works, did you configure that one with
the eduroam CAT app from Play Store? Or did you manually configure
eduroam by just typing username and password? If you did the latter, any
server trust issues would not surface; see below.

It looks like the setup that Sapienza has uploaded to CAT is a bit
outdated. It still contains server trust settings relating to an
authority used many years back (TCS Generation 2, "AddTrust External CA
Root") which doesn't issue certificates for several years now. They
probably have a different server certificate these days.

I don't get to see their actual server certificate though because I do
not have a valid username and they reject anonymous outer IDs. If you
want to, you could send me your *username* off-list so I can make a more
in-depth investigation. Do *NOT* send me your password.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
2, avenue de l'Université