cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Password not being accepted on Android

Re: [[cat-users]] Password not being accepted on Android

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Rene Pinkham <R.Pinkham AT brighton.ac.uk>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Password not being accepted on Android
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:50:05 +0100

Hello,

> My Android device (which connected fine before my password change)
> refuses to connect now. It keeps throwing the error “incorrect password”.
>

> I have installed the eduroamCAT app from Google Play, but the same
> problem occurs.
>

> I have deleted the certificate and reinstalled several time. Still not.
>

> I’m in the I.T. services department, so please feel free to talk technical.

So, did the device ask you for your (now new) password again? Or does it
keep rejecting you without asking for a password refresher?

Installing the app is fine, but you'll also need to let it download the
per-inst config and enter your username and (new) password in the app.
Is that what you did? Did the app tell you it worked?

Deleting the certificate doesn't help - the certificate identifies the
*server* to your Android device. If you want *client* credentials to be
deleted, you will have to delete the Wi-Fi network altogether, not the
certificate.

The app does that Wi-Fi network removal on Android versions which allow
that to happen (the newest Android versions only allow apps to delete
configs they created themselves).

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche