cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT access from guest network

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT access from guest network

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Tom Ivar Myren <tom.myren AT uninett.no>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT access from guest network
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 13:12:20 +0000

Hi,

> To give access to CAT profiles from a guest network (before registering /
> login) what openings (ACL’s) need to be in place?
> Is it just the cat.eduroam.org host?
> Will it get an ipv6 address?
> Sorry if this has been answered before, but I am not able to find it..

ummm..okay. so, this is documented...just need to give access to
cat.eduroam.org (A record, AAAA
coming...) - but for Android you also need the google play store access -
which is a rather large
and changing list..... and *then* there are some other issues

1) some federations dont use car.eduroam.org - they use their own version of
CAT - so you will need
to poke holes for those too (and I dont recally there being a directory of
those instances....)

2) some sites dont allow their profiles to be downloaded from CAT - they keep
their own profiles
locally (so that, for example, they are known/tested and any change to CAT
doesnt mean that their
users are now all getting untested profiles with new features.....) so those
would also have to be allowed

alan