cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Custom EAP Settings for Windows 7/10 CAT

Re: [[cat-users]] Custom EAP Settings for Windows 7/10 CAT

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Aaron Wyatt <aaron.wyatt AT bc.edu>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Custom EAP Settings for Windows 7/10 CAT
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 21:22:31 +0100

Hi,

   the option you are mentioning is absolutely crucial for security. I understand that with this option disabled, your users are warned about unexpected authentication server and you expect them to override this warning. This opens the possibility of stealing users' credentials trough fake eduroam networks.

There must be a discrepancy between your CAT settings and your server settings. I suggest that you use the CAT testing facility "Check realm reachability" this will run a connection test and should show all possible errors.

Cheers

Tomasz