cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Connectivity tests

Re: [[cat-users]] Connectivity tests

  • From: Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surfnet.nl>
  • To: Tom Ivar Myren <tom.myren AT uninett.no>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: Einar Terje Fimreite <terje.fimreite AT hvl.no>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Connectivity tests
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:02:19 +0100

Hi,

On 1-26-17 13:51, Tom Ivar Myren wrote:
> Hi,
> First, the login problem I reported earlier today is now OK.
>
> Now - is there a difference between the connectivity tests run through
> eduroam TL dk and TL nl?
>
> One of our institutions is seeing this:
>

> Both take a long time, but the same server get different results?

Perhaps a question for eduroam-OT rather than cat-users ;-) but the
result should indeed be the same for properly working endpoints. Given
the large response-time you're seeing, there must be something wrong,
hence unpredictable results.

I'm seeing "no reply from (both) .no servers" kind of errors on etlr1,
but apparently the timeouts were more favorable via eltr1 than etlr2.

I think the problems should be more clear on the .no servers, and my
guess is that the primary server is not responding, but the secondary is
(given the large response time). And failover isn't working very well
apparently on the .no server (perhaps no status-server towards the
endpoint?). If you test again, results might be different.

Regards,
Paul