cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] Installation of Eduroam for Windows Phone 8.1 and10

RE: [[cat-users]] Installation of Eduroam for Windows Phone 8.1 and10

  • From: "Marcin Balcerzyk" <mbalcerzyk AT us.es>
  • To: "'Jose Manuel Macias Luna'" <jmanuel.macias AT rediris.es>, "'Stefan Winter'" <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: 'Daniel Daza Muñoz' <daniel AT us.es>, "'Alan Buxey'" <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk>, <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, "'Gustavo A. Rodriguez'" <gusrodri AT us.es>, 'Carmen Lopez (Nené)' <carmen AT us.es>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] Installation of Eduroam for Windows Phone 8.1 and10
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:21:10 +0100

Dear All.

Recently Windows 10 Mobile got an update in WiFi section. I missed the actual moment possibly a month ago, but now I can connect to Eduroam in University of Seville with my Lumia 640 XL. Do not use WiFi (Legacy), but the new one WiFi in settings. I use version 1607 and a built for Insiders: 10.0.14965.1000. I connect as simple as from Windows 10 PC. You put only the ID with @us.es and a password accepting a certificate. I did not try to log in from other universities yet.

I attach the screen of settings from my phone. Please diffuse the message among Windows 10 Mobile users. I cannot log in to foros.eduroam.es, I am not allowed with my UVUS account, although previously I could.

Kind regards

Marcin Balcerzyk, Ph.D.
Unidad Ciclotron,
Centro Nacional de Aceleradores,
Universidad de Sevilla-CSIC-Junta de Andalucia,
Parque Tecnólogico Cartuja 93,
c/Thomas Alva Edison Nº 7,
41092 Sevilla (Spain),
Tel.: (+34) 954 460 553 ext. 236,