cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Unattended/Silent installation of CAT

Re: [[cat-users]] Unattended/Silent installation of CAT

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Unattended/Silent installation of CAT
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 14:29:11 +0100

Hi,
   the /S switch will also work with Windows 7 and PEAP (which does not require the installation of GEANTLink).
The reason why this does not work with TTLS is that we need to run a sequence - install GEANTLink MSI and only when this is done install other stuff. If we run the MSI installer in its silent mode then it is installed in a separate subprocess and there seems to be no way to wait until it gets installed.

People seem to be using "start /wait msiexec /i .... /qn" to do that, but my experiments fail.

Tomasz