cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Login issues

Re: [[cat-users]] Login issues

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Julian Bevan <julian.bevan AT alumni.manchester.ac.uk>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Cc: bevanjf AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Login issues
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:09:03 +0200

Hello,

> I've set up my old alumni account and installed Eduroam certificates and
> apps on a few devices but all say my username and password is incorrect
> for the certificate I have installed (I've double and tripple checked and
> it's the one I set it up with).

This description doesn't exactly sound like you are using the eduroam
CAT tool? If not, you are off-topic on this mailing list. You would need
to contact your (former) IdP then.

> Any ideas on where I am going wrong? I can send screen prints if you reply
> to this when I walk past a Wifi hotspot.

Are you sure you still have an account at all? Alumni aren't typically
in eligible user groups in universities (yes, there are exceptions).
Maybe your account has simply expired. Again, your (former) IdP would be
the one to tell you all about it. They are managing the entire
credential lifecycle themselves, which includes deprovisioning and revoking.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
2, avenue de l'Université