cat-users - [[cat-users]] Eduroam Not working

[[cat-users]] Eduroam Not working

  • From: Chris Nelson <cnelson AT ceg-uk.com>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Eduroam Not working
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 08:21:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Hi All,

We set it up Eduroam a while back so that our users can authenticate to Eduroam but we don’t have it available on our sites.

We had it working but it seems to have stopped working properly or at least is flaky as it is authenticating for some users that I believe are on iphone but not others (sometimes ios but mostly having issues with android I believe).

I was wondering if it would be possible to find out what the best set up was for authentication?

We currently have our radius reverse proxy receiving requests and passing it onto our dc which is doing nps.

The strange thing is that some requests come through fine and are authenticated but others are not.

For authentication we're using windows nps and it's using Peap-MSCHAP v2 for authentication.

For setting up the service on devices we're currently using cat.eduroam.org to get the settings onto remote users kit but success of connection has been varied.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,

Chris

they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
originator of the message.

states them to be the views of Cambridge Education Group.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by Sophos E-mail Filter appliance in conjunction with
virus detection software.
CT