cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT on Chromebook

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT on Chromebook

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Ole Frendved Hansen <olef AT dtu.dk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, Metselaar Jasper <jasper.metselaar AT sundsvall.se>, Mike Rindom <mrindom AT ruc.dk>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT on Chromebook
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 15:49:10 +0200

Hi,

yes, the issue was a line-end encoding (Microsoft style) which
Chromebook didn't like.

We are now stripping MS encodings during cert upload and the resulting
installers work despite the bitnoise.

If another institution is experiencing the problem, they may need to
re-upload the CA to trigger the new behaviour.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1