cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] NameID urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent instead of eduPersonTargetedID attribute

Re: [[cat-users]] NameID urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent instead of eduPersonTargetedID attribute

  • From: Miroslav Milinovic <miro AT srce.hr>
  • To: Chris Phillips <Chris.Phillips AT canarie.ca>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] NameID urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent instead of eduPersonTargetedID attribute
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 23:02:20 +0200

Chris, all

yes. The idea is to use eptid whenever it is available.

So no changes for existing users unless their IdP changes it's behaviour
(in respect to eptid release). Even than there will be no data loss in
CAT. Those admins will probably need to be re-invited by their NRO (fed.
operator).

We'll issue a notification (with instructions) prior to the change (in
late July).

Regards

Miro