cat-users - [[cat-users]] iOS profile - unable to update password

[[cat-users]] iOS profile - unable to update password

  • From: "Mohamed Imran (NBI)" <Mohamed.Imran AT nbi.ac.uk>
  • To: "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] iOS profile - unable to update password
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 10:28:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Dear All,

We’ve come across an issue where iOS users who have the cat profile installed are unable to update their password when its changed. The behaviour is they are prompted to re-enter the password but the device continuously fails to connect. The only fix is to remove and reinstall the profile.

There are no requests that get forwarded to the radius server so we are certain it’s not just a case of the password being entered incorrectly but im looking into whether the wls controllers are getting tripped for some reason however I don’t see what could be different to the requests formed by the device before the password changes.

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue? We use Meru wireless controller and FreeRadius combi. Are there any known issues with this setup that anyone can think off that could potentially be causing this issue?

Regards,

Mohamed

cid:image004.jpg@01D1A09A.1D451750

Connect with us on: twitter

The NBI Partnership Ltd provides non-scientific services to the John Innes Centre, the Institute of Food Research, The Genome Analysis Centre and The Sainsbury Laboratory

Disclaimer:

This e-mail message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Company Name is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.