cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] new android eduroamCAT app released

Re: [[cat-users]] new android eduroamCAT app released

  • From: Daniele Albrizio <albrizio AT univ.trieste.it>
  • To: "Ayres G.J." <g.j.ayres AT swansea.ac.uk>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] new android eduroamCAT app released
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 19:09:15 +0200

On 18/05/2016 15:07, Ayres G.J. wrote:
Hello,

We have just pushed the latest version of the Android eduroamCAT app to
production in the Play Store.
It will become available to users gradually within the next 24 hours.
(new version = 1.1.27)

Changes:
1. Added GeoIP lookup of eap-configs near device if location service
fails/off*.
2. Added Manual Search feature (searches all known IdP names on eduroamCAT
website).
3. Updated SCAD user interface to include scrolling list and logos
4. Selecting a eap-config to download now downloads the config in-app,
without loading a browser.
5. New translations now include:
Belarusian,Catalan,Czech,German,Greek,Spansih,Finish,
French,Croatian,Italian,Norwegian Bokmal,Polish,Portuguese,Slovak,Serbian.
6. Fixed some UI bugs with displaying connection progress.
7. Fixed showing more than one instance of IdP bug (multiple locations).
8. Loads wifi settings to remove ssid if manual eduroam profile exists in
marshmallow.
9. Added notification on successfully connect to eduroam.

*A note to keep in mind for GeoIP is that if mobile data (3g/4g) is used
then the results may be dependent upon the operators ip breakout location.
In this case, users will need to use the manual search or get a eap-config
from a website like cat.eduroam.org in a browser.

Any queries/comment/bugs please let me know.

Gareth Ayres.

Great job!

Perhaps an aesthetic/helpdesk little problem: in stat tab device mac address is reported as 02:00:00:00:00:00 on my oneplus one Cyanogenmod 13 Android 6.0.1. Well that's not my mac address at all :) (bug also present in previous version).

--
Daniele ALBRIZIO -
albrizio AT univ.trieste.it