cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam downloader for Windows 10 Mobile.

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam downloader for Windows 10 Mobile.

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Venktesh Sharma <ven.k.shandilya AT gmail.com>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam downloader for Windows 10 Mobile.
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 14:48:05 -0300

Hi,

> I am Venktesh from University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de
> Compostela, Spain. I use a Microsoft phone with Windows 10 Mobile as
> the operating system

You have my sympathies ;-)

> but on your website, there is no dowloadable profile for this. Can you
> please tell if, in future, you will be introducing eduroam profile for
> Windows 10 Mobile?

It's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.

We have investigated Windows 10 Mobile once; it was not easy work and
the user interface that Windows Phone presents in the moment you try to
load a profile looks very daunting and misleading ("your company will
have complete control over your device" or so), and so we did not pursue
this any further.

Also, Windows 10 Phone seems to be on the way out, with a very low and
declining market share.

This makes it very improbable that we'll support this device in CAT.

You can always ask your local administrators for manual installation
support though. eduroam CAT only makes setup easier on select popular
platforms; but many more devices can be configured manually.