cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Problem with eduroam installer on Windows 10 Pro 64 - bit 1511 November Update

Re: [[cat-users]] Problem with eduroam installer on Windows 10 Pro 64 - bit 1511 November Update

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, stazorbas AT gmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Problem with eduroam installer on Windows 10 Pro 64 - bit 1511 November Update
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 15:36:48 +0100

Hello,

> i have installed all the updates from windows update
> language of the computer: english

You seem to have downloaded the installer in Greek language.

That installer renders the correct letters in the correct alphabet when
executed on a machine which is set to Greek.

Since your computer is set to English, it fails at rendering Greek text.

Could you please download the English installer and use that?

Sadly enough, even in the year 2016 universal language support is
difficult on some platforms. For Windows, the installer we are using
(NSIS) does not support Unicode UTF-8 characters in its current stable
version. We will switch to a (now beta) version that can do that for CAT
1.2. From then on, the installer should display the correct characters
in all languages, independent of the installed language support on the
system.

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
2, avenue de l'Université