cat-users - [[cat-users]] bug with win 10 supplicant

[[cat-users]] bug with win 10 supplicant

  • From: Stefano Zanmarchi <zanmarchi AT gmail.com>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] bug with win 10 supplicant
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 17:38:15 +0100

Hello,
we are experiencing what seems to me a severe security bug with the windows 10 (for PC) supplicant.
None of you has faced this problem?
When people (we run PEAP - MSCHAP v2) change password the supplicant does not prompt users for new credentials anymore, like it did on win7 and win8, but keeps on trying with the old one (the radius logs show these attempts).
Sadly people tend to solve the problem cancelling the eduroam network profile and reconnecting to eduroam.
Windows then recreates the profile asking the user for the new credentials, that's fine, but silently accepts the certificate sent by the radius server, and this is not good at all!
Has anyone solved this or news about it?
Best,
Stefano
P.S. A very complicated workaround is typing in the CLI these two commands when the connection fails due to password change:
   netsh wlan set profileparameter name=eduroam cacheUserData=no
   netsh wlan set profileparameter name=eduroam cacheUserData=yes
Now win 10 will prompt the user for the new credentials.