cat-users - [[cat-users]] CAT tool suggestion

[[cat-users]] CAT tool suggestion

  • From: "bob findlay (NBI)" <Bob.Findlay AT nbi.ac.uk>
  • To: "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] CAT tool suggestion
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 11:54:18 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Deferred-delivery: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 11:55:17 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Hello

We have multiple email domains and one eduroam domain.  It is not obvious to our users that they have to specify the eduroam domain when using CAT, so they will often put in their email domain.  As CAT knows what the eduroam domain should be can the Android and Windows apps be changed so that they enforce the eduroam domain?  i.e. if there is no @something add the @eduroamdomain and if there is an @something which is not correct, replace it with @eduroamdomain?

We would find it very helpful if this was the case.

Also, on Android if the user does not have location services enabled, the CAT tool just says “nothing within 50km”.  Instead of this, can it give the list of all organisations so the user can choose?

thanks

Bob

Bob Findlay
Head of Computing & Information Services
NBI Partnership Ltd

Tel: 01603 450474 (2474 internal)

Fax: 01603 450045

📫

E-Mail: bob.findlay AT nbi.ac.uk

For up-to-date news and service notifications 🐦 Follow @NBIPComputing  (restricted to NBI staff)

  • [[cat-users]] CAT tool suggestion, bob findlay (NBI), 12/22/2015