cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Renew CA certificate

Re: [[cat-users]] Renew CA certificate

  • From: Daniele Albrizio <albrizio AT univ.trieste.it>
  • To: Metselaar Jasper <jasper.metselaar AT sundsvall.se>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Renew CA certificate
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:18:33 +0100

On 30/11/2015 14:36, Metselaar Jasper wrote:
Hi!

I wonder what will happen if our CA certificate that we use in CAT
reaches it’s expiry date. What will happen if we upload a new
certificate? Will all enrolled devices stop working?

Med vänlig hälsning

You can upload both (old and new) CA chains in your profile and will silently get installed and work on all devices EXCEPT ANDROID,

Android installer as long as I know do not work and will disrupt client connectivity.

We ourself used a soft-approach creating a new profile using both chains and linking it on our landing page ONLY for working devices.

We roughtly tested all devices so the only one that wil experience a service disruption in the D-Day of CA change will be the android platform. We are still working on the user support side to handle this disaster since Android is the major platform using eduroam services.

--
Daniele ALBRIZIO -
albrizio AT univ.trieste.it