cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Test of Wired Ethernet configurations

Re: [cat-users] Test of Wired Ethernet configurations

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Lars Rökaeus <lars.rokaeus AT gu.se>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Test of Wired Ethernet configurations
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 15:48:08 +0100

W dniu 2015-10-29 o 15:10, Lars Rökaeus pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I have tested two eduroam CAT intallers with "wired ethernet" for
> University of
> Gothenburg (Idp=595) some weeks ago.
>
> Problems which I meet:
> Linux installer had no "wired ethernet" support
It does not and probably will not have in the near future. We have been
doing some tests with this, it turned out that whem .1x got installed on
the wired interface, this interface could no longer operate on a
"normal" network, therefore we decided that installing this could do
more harm then good.
> Windows 7 installer must then be manually configered with:
> Start; Control Panel; Network and Sharing Center;
> Change adaper setting; Local Area Connection; Right click;
> Properties; Authentication; Additional Settings;
> Mark: Specify authentication mode; OK; OK;
> Am I doing something wrong?
This should not work like that, should all run automatically, but will
test, perhaps I managed to introduce a bug at some point.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576