cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Windows

Re: [cat-users] Windows

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: fjmourin AT lunasistemas.es, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Windows
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:19:25 +0200

Hello,

> Quería preguntar por que no existe un instalador para windows 7 en su
> web para algunas universidades, como la complutense de Madrid o la de
> Alcalá. ¿Van a solucionar el problema a corto plazo?
>
> Si no se puede solucionar ¿cual es el problema?

The differences between the supported ones and the unsupported ones is
that the unsupported ones rely exclusively on a specific authentication
type - "TTLS-PAP".

We did, but do not currently support TTLS-PAP for Windows Vista and
Windows 7. See our FAQ:

https://wiki.geant.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=45842954

If you are an institution admin(?) you may want to consider implementing
support for the alternative EAP type PEAP-MSCHAPv2 in your identity
management system - which is fully supported in CAT for both of the
affected Windows platforms.

If you are an end user, you should contact your Identity Provider's
helpdesk. They might support this authentication type outside of what
CAT can offer. Or, you could upgrade for free to Windows 10 and use our
CAT installer for that version of Windows :-)

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

recipient's key is known to me

  • [cat-users] Windows, Francisco Javier Mourín, 09/25/2015
    • Re: [cat-users] Windows, Stefan Winter, 09/25/2015