cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Eduroam for Windows 10

Re: [cat-users] Eduroam for Windows 10

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Adelene O'Connor <adelene.oconnor AT manchester.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Eduroam for Windows 10
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:43:21 +0000

> Could you please provide me with instructions on how to connect to
> Eduroam
> using a W10 operating system. I've downloaded the installer - but I still
> can't connect to the WiFi. I'm unsure if this is because W10 is still in
> beta testing?

eduroam is supported by your home organisation - who will know the
requirements
for you to authenticate and will also know their current plans regarding
Windows 10 support. As you say, its beta territory, and much like other beta
products - eg Mac OSX 10.10.5 (El Capitan) - beta testers are expected to be
highly technical/knowledgable and able to trouble-shoot and in this case
you will need to liaise with the people who maintain the authentication
platform
(wireless Access points and RADIUS infrastructure) that gets you access to
the network

http://www.itservices.manchester.ac.uk/wireless/eduroam/

http://www.itservices.manchester.ac.uk/help/

many thanks