cat-users - [cat-users] new android app in beta - with auto config discovery

[cat-users] new android app in beta - with auto config discovery

  • From: Ayres G.J. <g.j.ayres AT swansea.ac.uk>
  • To: "'cat-users AT geant.net'" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: [cat-users] new android app in beta - with auto config discovery
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:47:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

The new version of the android eduroamCAT app in beta has two new features added:

1. Nearby Configuration Discovery: If the app is launched and no profile is installed, it will show you the configs (eap-configs) from institutions registered with CAT within 30 Kilometres of the device.

This is based on the SCAD work I presented at the TNC conference.

A screen shot of it is show below this email / attached.

2. In advanced mode, the app has a new button to duplicate the eduroam profile to a new SSID.

It then lets you choose which SSID/Profile and authentication method to connect too.

This is to allow users to swap between eduroam profiles on difference SSIDs.

If you are a beta tester please update the app, and let me know any feedback.

If you would like to test the app, please email me your google account so I can add you.

I have currently set the app to show configs within 30 Kilometres of the location of the device running the app.

I have almost arbitrarily picked this distance. And would welcome any thoughts on if this is excessive or not?

I hope to move the beta to live next week if no serious bugs are reported.

Thanks,

Gareth Ayres.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R-gtR-wnG_k/VZOtsDG0eFI/AAAAAAAAHqo/NVQBDV0DIx0/w426-h757/2015%2B-%2B1

  • [cat-users] new android app in beta - with auto config discovery, Ayres G . J ., 07/02/2015