cat-users - [cat-users] Windows installer problems yesterday

[cat-users] Windows installer problems yesterday

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: [cat-users] Windows installer problems yesterday
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:32:09 +0200

Hello,

thanks to all for reporting the issues with the Windows installers
yesterday, on the https://cat.eduroam.org instance of the CAT software.

We were caught by surprise by an OS-level change on the VM CAT is
deployed on. While we as product developers have access to the machine
for maintenance of CAT itself, the maintenance of the underlying OS is
taken care of by a separate team of sysadmins.

One of the operations performed by the sysadmin triggered hiccups on the
CAT side of things. We worked out what the problematic change was
yesterday evening, and everybody should now get their Windows installers
again.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche