cat-users - [cat-users] Apple iOS use Apple Safari

[cat-users] Apple iOS use Apple Safari

  • From: Philip Brusten <philip.brusten AT kuleuven.be>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: [cat-users] Apple iOS use Apple Safari
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:49:47 +0200

Hi all,

I think it is worth mentioning that you should use Safari for downloading the *.mobileconfig file for iOS.
I tried using Chrome, but he did not know what to do with that file (screenshot attached in Dutch I'm sorry :-) )

Current information message of iOS:
Apple iOS mobile devices
The profile will install itself after you click (or tap) the button. You will be asked for confirmation/input at several points:
to install the profile
to accept the server certificate authorities (5 times)
to enter the username and password of your institution (2 times each, because eduroam is installed for 2 SSIDs)

Kind regards,

Philip

  • [cat-users] Apple iOS use Apple Safari, Philip Brusten, 04/24/2015