cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Linux installer woes with single quotes in password

Re: [cat-users] Linux installer woes with single quotes in password

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Brian Epstein <bepstein AT ias.edu>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Linux installer woes with single quotes in password
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:18:03 +0100

Thank you,
some special characters can indeed be a problem, thank you for spotting this.
The only other installer where we ask for the user's password is Windows but there we base64 encode it to avoid such problems. In Linux single quotes can of course be a problem, but possibly backslashes can too, to we need to do some more testing.

Yours
Tomasz