cat-users - Re: [cat-users] [eduroam] Yosemite support in CAT

Re: [cat-users] [eduroam] Yosemite support in CAT

  • From: Brook Schofield <schofield AT terena.org>
  • To: Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, "eduroam AT geant.net" <eduroam AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] [eduroam] Yosemite support in CAT
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:23:14 +0200

Time for setup SSID randomisation :-)

On 17 October 2014 11:17, <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
Hi,

> In case someone is interested - we already have 192 downloads of
> Yosemite configuration form CAT. Not very many compared to 130k of
> Maverics downloads, but it has been only a few hours...
> The total of all downloads in over 938000, so we should reach 1 million
> reasonably soon.

well, you dont need to download a new mobileconfig profile when upgrading to Yosemite...
so either these are all totally new users or you are seeing (and thus all your stats
are similarly skewed) what we see here locally of a large number of peple that think that they need to
run the eduroam installer every time that they join/use eduroam because, usually, their device
still has the 'setup' SSID as its primary preference and rather than just delete/remove
that SSID they go through the onboarding process again!  :(

alan

Brook Schofield, Project Development Officer
GÉANT Association, Singel 468 D, 1017 AW Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel +31 20 530 4488    Fax +31 20 530 4499    Mob +31 65 155 3991
www.géant.org