cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Live test login problem

Re: [cat-users] Live test login problem

  • From: José Manuel Macías <jmanuel.macias AT rediris.es>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Live test login problem
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 12:30:17 +0200

Hello Stefan,

thanks for the rapid reply!

El 01/08/14 11:03, Stefan Winter escribió:

> That's a bit strange indeed. Was this a one-off error, or is it persistent.

It seems persistent, according to the admin from this institution.

> It looks like your request can be authenticated via the second ETLR in
> Denmark, but not via the primary one in NL.
>
> The return code 3 means "Access-Reject"; so "someone" was convinced that
> the login credentials were not good enough. This could be the ETLR
> policy "Reject instead of Ignore" or the inst RADIUS actually not liking
> the incoming request; we currently can't make a distinction between
> these two in CAT.
>
> The institution admin himself could check in the logs whether he got two
> login attempts or just one...

Ok.

> Also, do the "dynamic" tests show any certificate problems?

Our TLD is doing the dynamic part, and it has a problem only validating
revoked certificates (want to fix that soon)... but I don't think this
could be the cause.

Have sent you a private separate message with credentials, in case you
can make a test yourself.

Thanks again,

Jose.