cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Problem with Linux Configuration Script

Re: [cat-users] Problem with Linux Configuration Script

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Problem with Linux Configuration Script
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:54:08 +0100

Hi,

by coincidence, this configuration problem would have been detected by
the CAT trunk's 1.1 checks. Of course the check was meant to check if
the server cert verifies against the root, but since I use "openssl
verify" to actually *do* the check, this rather odd condition would have
been caught as well.

I should only change the textual information around the failed check. It
was meant to be:

"The server certificate could not be verified to the root CA you
configured in your profile!"

But a more correct phrasing would probably be

"At least one certificate in the set of intermediate and server certs
could not be verified to the root CA you configured in your profile!"

This describes the error condition better, but sounds less clear to an
innocent admin.

I wonder if there are any preferences for the wording ...

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1