cat-users - [cat-users] Eduroam access

[cat-users] Eduroam access

  • From: "Brady, Mark" <m.brady AT herts.ac.uk>
  • To: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Cc: "Butcher, Luke" <l.butcher AT herts.ac.uk>, "Abegunde, Jacob" <j.abegunde AT herts.ac.uk>
  • Subject: [cat-users] Eduroam access
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:17:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB

Hi, not a major problem.

We have been using Nagios to monitor the availability of our eduroam files.

But as of yesterday, monitoring is being blocked from the monitoring host. (Okay from other hosts.)

telnet cat.eduroam.org 80

Trying 161.53.2.204...

The monitoring host is :

Name:   vuh-lb-mgp001.herts.ac.uk

Address: 147.197.108.149

Is there any chance you are blocking us deliberately, or should I look closer to home.

Many thanks,

Mark Brady (Sysadmin at University of Hertfordshire)