cat-users - Re: [cat-users] edroam-cat Anmelde-Seite ist unvollständig

Re: [cat-users] edroam-cat Anmelde-Seite ist unvollständig

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: anna.siegenthaler AT id.unibe.ch
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net, daniel.bertolo AT switch.ch
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] edroam-cat Anmelde-Seite ist unvollständig
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 11:06:19 +0200

Hi,

> Die Anmeldeseite erscheint bei mir unvollständig. Zum Beispiel erscheint
> kein Name und ich kann keine weiteren Administratoren hinzufügen.
>
> Wie kann ich das Problem lösen? Siehe angehängtes Bild.

There is one way how this situation can come to be without being a bug;
I wonder if that's it.

Federation operators can invite admins to manage an IdP.
Admins invited by a federation operator can invite further admins.
Admins invited by a fellow admin, can *NOT* invite yet more admins.

This is a security measure to avoid "runaway" IdPs (according to the
small-world theorem "a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of
mine is Osama bin Laden" ;-) ).

So, if you were invited by another admin of the institution (not
directly by the federation operator), and that other admin was then
removed as an admin, then

* you are the only admin ("Other administrators" column is empty)
* You do net get the "Add/Remove administrators" button

This would match the screenshot. Is that maybe what happened? If so,
your federation operator can raise your privilege level by inviting you,
and you following the link.

If that is not an accurate description of the situation, then you've
found a bug and we'll look further.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche