cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Can't login eduroam admin

Re: [cat-users] Can't login eduroam admin

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Massimiliano Ritossa <ritossa AT sissa.it>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Can't login eduroam admin
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:57:12 +0200

> Hi, i'm trying to login to "manage my IdP" but when i select my istitution
> (SISSA) from eduGAIN list i get an error message: "Message did not meet
> security requirements".

The usual reason for this is a mismatch of metadata of your IdP and the
eduroam Support Services SP proxy; a problem very much outside of
eduroam CAT; we merely sit behind that proxy and have to assume that it
delivers authenticated users to CAT.

We have informed eduroam Operations Team to investigate why this happens
with your IdP (it seems that other IdPs are unaffected).

> On IdP side log reports:
> "Simple signature validation (with no request-derived credentials) failed
> WARN
> [org.opensaml.common.binding.security.BaseSAMLSimpleSignatureSecurityPolicyRule:138]
> - Validation of request simple signature failed for context issuer:
> https://monitor.eduroam.org/sp/module.php/saml/sp/metadata.php/default-sp
> WARN
> [edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.profile.saml2.SSOProfileHandler:406]
> - Message did not meet security requirements
> org.opensaml.ws.security.SecurityPolicyException: Validation of request
> simple signature failed for context issuer"

The mere fact that you see these debug logs pretty much makes clear that
you are the IdP administrator or at least someone very much in-the-know :-)

In that case, as a self-service hint: you could verify if the eduGAIN
metadata feed was imported correctly and contains the eduroam SP proxy
and that you have enabled that SP as a trusted destination.

For further investigations, you will be contacted by eduroam OT.