cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Eduroam intaller unavailable

Re: [cat-users] Eduroam intaller unavailable

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Vinay Dhir <vinay.dhir AT uwl.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, IT Data & Voice Team <ITData&VoiceTeam AT uwl.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Eduroam intaller unavailable
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:56:36 +0200

> We have noticed our installer although published is now unavailable.
>
> The information we are given is that the CA certificate file is missing.
> I have tried to remove and re-add this to no avail.

The screenshot shows that the CA you uploaded is an *intermediate* CA
(the blue circle "I" is the hint). This is not sufficient for device
configuration, the *root* CA that signed your intermediate CA is required.

Detecting this condition is a new feature of version 1.0.3:

- [FEATURE #1] introduce stricter CA check: EAP types are only marked as
complete if at least one *root CA* was uploaded

Before that version, the installers were generated, but would not
install a trust anchor. This led to a possibly insecure config on the
user device, and pretty much mandated to pull such installers off of the
download area.

I believe the entry was pulled off the list only when you edited either
the inst-wide or profile settings, not before (the completion checks are
only run and take action when the admin touches the IdP configuration).

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1