cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Download Counter Problem?

Re: [cat-users] Download Counter Problem?

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Download Counter Problem?
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 11:19:57 +0200

>> Oh, bummer. The superadmin interface was using the correct query indeed.
>> So the total download stats of all languages and all profiles is still
>>
>> 16794 user downloads
>
> I'm guessing the .de 'local eduroamCAT' doesnt feed into these stats - so
> you will be missing
> a fairly large membership ?

That's correct. YOu can add some German stats by going to
https://edit.dfn.de; they have another 36 IdPs showing up on *their*
public download interface; the int'l version has 157 right now. If you
assume similar download-eagerness by end users there, it'd be safe to
assume that CAT-the-software altogether surpassed 20.000 downloads already.

> also, sites that choose to redirect users to their own download location
> wont show
> up in those stats either?

That's again correct - and a number which is hard to get right. For 1.1,
we've added an additional counter for all IdPs which have submitted
enough information that they *could* enable it for public download, but
haven't.

Since these insts have jumped through all the hoops, it's sort of
reasonable to assume that they are also actually *doing something* with
that finished profile upload (otherwise why did they bother); then we'd
halfways know how many IdPs we actually make happy.

Right now, that number is somewhere between 157 and 279 (because 279 is
the grand total of IdPs in the system, irrespective of their completion
state).

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche