cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Problemas EDUROAM Windows 8 - Centro Universitario de la Defensa

Re: [cat-users] Problemas EDUROAM Windows 8 - Centro Universitario de la Defensa

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Pablo Cal de Lara <pablo.cal AT cud.upct.es>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net, isaacssson AT hotmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Problemas EDUROAM Windows 8 - Centro Universitario de la Defensa
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 14:19:25 +0200

For the sake of non-Spanish speakers (which includes me), here is the Google translation of the message:
---
Good morning,

I am writing to indicate certain problems we're having in the University Center for Defense in San Javier (Murcia), center under the Polytechnic University of Cartagena (UPCT).

Certified installers for Windows 8 equipment connections to EDUROAM are defined to work / connect UPCT environment. (Id anonymous anonymous AT upct.es server: radius.si.upct.es), however, the Radius Server authenticate against us here directly is cud.upct.es (parameter we changed in the SecureW2 of UPCT. is - >> cud.upct.es - with Windows7/Vista/Xp). If I put this parameter in the form field properties Eduroam connection, still not working.

Could you tell me if there is anything special to configure the properties? or how to get a "certificate installer w8" for use by students of our University Center?

Thank you very much in advance,

Sincerely,
---
Hi Pablo (this is an English speaking mailing list)

The basic question is if you want to create a separate institution or do you want the Center of Defense to appear somehow under UPCT. This really depends on how you expect your users to find yiu and also on the Spanish national operators.

Assuming that you will appear under UPTC, your problem can be solved but you need to define separate profiles - one for The Center of Defence and one for the rest of the users.
The user will then first select the UPTC and then will get a list of available profiles, so most likely "Center of defence users" and "All other users". each profile can define separate settings like RADIUS server, server certificate authority, supported EAP methods, the realm (used for antonymous identity) etc. The installers will be prepared separately for each profile.

I hope this helps

Tomasz