Sympa Menu

cat-announce - [[cat-announce]] Planned CAT update

cat-announce AT lists.geant.org

Subject: annoucements about the service and software of CAT

[[cat-announce]] Planned CAT update

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, "eduroam AT lists.geant.org" <eduroam AT lists.geant.org>, cat-announce AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-announce]] Planned CAT update
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 10:35:04 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.umk.pl C407A202AC

Hi All,

  On Tuesday 27th of August at 9:00 UTC we plan to switch on the newest release of CAT. There should be no noticeable break in the service.

The current CAT update is mostly about administrator's view (and mainly the national ones) plus various code improvements.

The end-user will be affected in two ways:

1. The download system icons have been updated to their current official version

2. In Windows installers we have dropped the "eduroam®" from the profile name and replaced it with pure "eduroam". We have been told that the previous approach cased confusion. If there already was an "eduroam®" on the machine and the installer is run again, the old profile will be removed.

Best regards

Tomasz

--

Tomasz Wolniewicz

Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
Jana Pawła II 10,   61-139 POZNAŃ,   POLAND
+48 61 8585129, mob. +48 693918128